Re: beagle bone. uhub2: device problem, disabling port 2

On 24/03/2013, at 10:23 AM, Aleksey Cheusov <cheusov%tut.by@localhost> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 11:00 PM, Lloyd Parkes
> <lloyd%must-have-coffee.gen.nz@localhost> wrote:
>> I guess you are running dmesg and cu on a PC running NetBSD and you have
>> plugged the Beagle
>> Bone in to the PC with a USB cable.
>
> Exactly, Beagle Board runs Linux. Sorry for writing to the wrong maillist.
> I just thought this would be good enough.

That's fine. I don't think you are the only BeagleBone owner on the list and
people are on this list because they want to be helpful.

> On Linux I did the following
>
>   modprobe ftdi_sio vendor=0x0403 product=0xa6d0
>
> (http://downloads.angstrom-distribution.org/demo/beaglebone/)

I would expect that you only need to do that on asrock if/when it's running
Linux. You don't need to do that on the BeagleBone.

> 0xA6D0 corresponds to NetBSD's "usbdevs -v" output.

Excellent, that confirms you have the right number.

> Thank you very much for clarification!
> I've applied the attached patch (Is it ok?).

It looks fine to me.

> Now dmesg says (--> my marks)
>
> uhub2 at uhub1 port 3: SMSC product 0x2412, class 9/0, rev 2.00/b.b2, addr 2
> uhub2: single transaction translator
> uhub2: 2 ports with 2 removable, self powered
> uftdi0 at uhub2 port 1
> uftdi0: FTDI BeagleBone, rev 2.00/7.00, addr 3
> ---> ucom0 at uftdi0 portno 1
> ---> ucom1 at uftdi0 portno 2

Good. I guess that ucom1 is the JTAG port, so access to the console should be
nice and clean.

> umass0 at uhub2 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0
> umass0: Linux 3.2.34 with musb-hdrc Mass Storage Gadget, rev 2.00/0.00, addr 4
> umass0: using SCSI over Bulk-Only
> scsibus0 at umass0: 2 targets, 1 lun per target
> sd0 at scsibus0 target 0 lun 0: <Linux, File-CD Gadget, 0316> disk removable
> sd0: fabricating a geometry
> sd0: 72261 KB, 70 cyl, 64 head, 32 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 144522 sectors
> sd0: fabricating a geometry
> ---> uhub2: illegal enable change, port 2

I wouldn't worry about this at the moment, it's probably the BeagleBone booting
up and doing something funny with the SD Card during the boot process.

> But cu(1) still doesn't work.
>
> asrock# cu -115200 -l /dev/dtyU0
> Connected <hangs up here>

Put "bone:dv=/dev/dtyU0:br#115200:pa=none:dc:" in /etc/remote on asrock and try
running "cu bone" or "tip bone". The "dc" setting tells tip/co to turn off and
ignore all modem control lines. cu/tip is designed to handle old complicated
connection mechanisms. How old? Well, the default settings are for 1200 and
2400 bits per second. The dc tag shortcuts all the complicated stuff and just
gets you at the serial data.

Cheers,
Lloyd