Re: Raspberry Pi and 6.1 RC1?

In article <20130224184546.GT2359%edge.cmeerw.net@localhost>,
Christof Meerwald  <cmeerw%cmeerw.org@localhost> wrote:
>On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 07:24:50PM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
>> On Sun, 24 Feb 2013, Andy Ruhl wrote:
>> >release it is I'm using. The config file for the kernel is:
>> >
>> >/usr/src/sys/arch/evbarm/conf/RPI (assuming you put src in /usr)
>> Building this with build.sh gives both a "netbsd" kernel, and a
>> "kernel.img" file. Can you go a bit into the details of the actual
>> kernel upgrade? What file to use, where to put it?
>> Wild guess: put the kernel.img file on the MSDOS-formatted SD-Card?
>
>That would be my understanding - unfortunately, only the netbsd kernel
>is available from the official ftp site and I am a bit reluctant
>trying to compile a kernel myself. So my hope would be that subsequent
>RCs and the 6.1 release will also include the pre-compiled kernel.img
>for the Raspberry Pi.

I think that the changes to automatically build an image are kind of
intrusive to backport to 6. On the other hand, you can get a daily
image from the current builds:

        http://releng.netbsd.org/
                Daily binary snapshots -> HEAD -> YYYYMMDDHHMMZ ->
                evbarm -> binary -> gzimg -> rpi.img.gz

for example:
ittp://nyftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/201302230640Z/evbarm/binary/gzimg/rpi.img.gz

christos