Re: (improvement?) Dockstar (like SHEEVAPLUG) panics at init with -current after Aug 31, 2012

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 10:45 PM, Warner Losh <imp%bsdimp.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Dec 20, 2012, at 9:15 PM, Andy Ruhl wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 7:11 AM, Matt Thomas
>> <matt%3am-software.com@localhost> wrote:

>>> In arm/arm32/arm32_kvminit, can you try increasing:
>>>
>>>        kernel_size += 0x10000; /* slop */
>>>
>>> until your kernel boots and then tell me what value you needed?
>>> And the output of VERBOSE_INIT_ARM as well.
>>
>> I set this in arm32_kvminit.c:
>>
>> kernel_size += 0x300000;        /* slop changed from 0x100000 */
>>
>> And now it boots.
>>
>> Is this masking the problem or solving the problem?
>>
>> Why would other machines boot without this change? Different kernel configs?
>>
>> I'll try to send the verbose boot output shortly.
>
> When I was bringing up FreeBSD on Cavium, I found that uboot put a special
> structure RIGHT after the kernel, so I needed account for that so I didn't
> read bogus points from it that had been overwritten by the kernel running.

Hmm. What should I do to account for that?

Mine only booted the one time. I put on the altered uboot from here:

http://projects.doozan.com/uboot/

Then it wouldn't boot again. So I put the stock firmware on it, and it
still doesn't boot.

This is really weird. Still working on getting verbose boot output.

Andy