Re: sdmmc / mvsdio and SDHC

On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 22:01:35 +0200
Sébastien Bocahu <lists%zecrazytux.net@localhost> wrote:

> I'm still interested in comments on the potential delay the kernel should give
> to the controller for a command to complete and what are the actual values in
> sdmmc/sdhc, for the sake of curiosity.

The driver I looked last time just set the timeout to maxmimum value which
controller supported.
I think sd/mmc driver does not have a callback to the controller driver to set
timeout so basically
drivers set the timeout whatever value they prefer.

It would be nice if SD card could provide reliable maximum busy length so host
controller implementers
should't have to invent timeout values on their own.

Petri