Re: Status of evbarm on Dreamplug

On Sun, 8 Jul 2012, at 17:48:55 -0400 (EDT), jmitchel wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I need to buy an arm board to build a proof-of-concept appliance
>running NetBSD/evbarm. I need a minimum of two ethernet ports and a
>smallish enclosure, so I think that eliminates all but the Dreamplug
>(please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm willing to use other hardware).
>Before I buy one, I'd like to know how much work it will take to run
>NetBSD on it.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Jason M.

Hello,

I had the same question and was poking about to find out what I could.
I found this message from last year, which indicates a Sheevaplug
kernel should work.

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-arm/2011/05/22/msg001168.html

That patch was applied in May 2011, and would be in the netbsd-6 and
current branches.  So it may "just work"...  I don't have my hands on
a Dreamplug to test that theory, though...

Regards,

Dave