Re: Raspberry Pi

On Sunday 29 July 2012 09:05:18 Nick Hudson wrote:
> On Saturday 28 July 2012 22:49:29 Dave Tyson wrote:
> > OK, having built a kernel, done a make release and stuffed the result on
> > a (rather small) 512M SD card with the appropriate RPI boot files I
> > managed to get NetBSD booted. Amazing and a huge thank you to the
> > developers!!
> >
> > However it fails to mount root complaining about a filecore boot I/O
> > error. A quick google provides a lot of questions, but few answers. Am I
> > missing a step to write some magic in the early sectors?
>
> [...]
>
> > 6 partitions:
> > #        size    offset     fstype [fsize bsize cpg/sgs]
> >
> >  a:    876000    131141     4.2BSD     0    0     0
> >  b:       499   1008141       swap
> >  c:    876499    131141     unused     0    0
> >  d:   1008640         0     unused     0    0
> >  e:    131072        63      MSDOS
>
> evbarm expects 'c' as the whole disk - this is probably your problem. The
> other thing to check is that your 'a' partition is setup correctly.
>
> Nick

Thanks for the info. I had a play around and checked the NetBSD partition and
it looked fine. I noticed some comments about the RPI being picky about the
SDHC cards and so built it on a different 4gb card. This got me a lot further
in that it started to go multiuser and init crapped out. May be an issue with
my cross build as using the statically linked init in /rescue got to the point
of trying to execure the rc stuff, but all the programs failed with signal 11.
Probably something's wrong with the stuff in /lib.

Dave

Phone: 07805784357
Open Source O/S: www.netbsd.org
Caving: http://www.wirralcavinggroup.org.uk