Re: Silence on boot with Dreamplug.

On May 14, 2011, at 12:51 PM, <rjs%fdy2.demon.co.uk@localhost> wrote:
> You shouldn't see the error that was in your previous post:
>
>> Marvell>> bootm
>> Wrong Image Format for bootm command
>> ERROR: can't get kernel image!

Yeah, I think this version doesn't remember the previous load address.   When
booting Linux, you have to give it two addresses: one for the kernel, and one
for the RAMdisk.

> Maybe there are some differences in what the version of U-Boot on your
> device is doing from what the older one on a Sheevaplug does.

Almost certainly.

> Or it is hanging up completely for some other reason.

Yup.   I have a JTAG debugging board, so if all else fails I may have to figure
out how to use it for debugging... :}

> I will try one in a bit.

Thanks!