Re: TS 7200 kernel image size

On 3/05/2009, at 9:32 AM, Martin Fouts wrote:

For the TS7200 it's the gziped image that goes into the fis reserved region. I haven't tried with current, but 4.0 fit nicely when we were working with
it.

It goes into the free region, not the reserved one. RedBoot won't let you put anything into the reserved region.

The gzimage file contains a small executable that unzips the kernel into
ram, followed by the gzipped kernel.

And it's really slow. Comparing the speed of the default Linux image shipped with TS7200 with the NetBSD gsimg is painful.

Cheers,
Lloyd