Re: How to build a monolithic kernel?

On Dec,Wednesday 3 2008, at 8:25 AM, Mikko Rapeli wrote:

How do I build an old style monolithic kernel?

arm/evbarm kernels appear to be defaulting to modular kernel but that's a
pain with the boot loaders. And I'd like to try a new kernel with old
userspace without this:

Enter pathname of shell or RETURN for /bin/sh:
WARNING: module error: Cannot load kernel object `compat' error=1610612755
Terminal type is vt100.
We recommend creating a non-root account and using su(1) for root access.
1 2008-12-03T06:Enter pathname of shell or RETURN for /bin/sh:
WARNING: module error: Cannot load kernel object `compat' error=1610612755

I think that this is a bug and you should create PR for it.

Regards

Adam.