Re: Undefined symbol "environ" (symnum = 9)

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 01:07:32PM +0200, Mikko Rapeli wrote:
> Current from last night fails to run any files compiled on ARM/OMAP target:
> # ./a.out
> ./a.out: Undefined symbol "environ" (symnum = 9)
> I noticed similar errors on friday, but wasn't sure if they came from my
> own changes like a binutils upgrade to 2.18.50.
> Which changes might be causing this?

Like in the OMAP boot problem [1], the kernel change breaking binaries
compiled on OMAP target are the pmap changes from Aug 6th 2008:

Current from Aug 5th 2008 works, current from Oct 30th 2008 works if
the pmap changes are reverted with patches from
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2008/10/31/msg005575.html and
generally current since Aug 5th is broken -- including todays tree which has
the OMAP boot problem fixed.

Compiling binaries on target may not be what most ARM/OMAP users do, but it
appears to be a good test case for the overall port status, which is not
very good at the moment.

[1] OMAP boot problem and fixes