Subject: Re: X server on NetBSD/shark 4.0
To: None <macallan@NetBSD.org>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-arm
Date: 12/28/2007 00:27:54
macallan@NetBSD.org wrote:

> If someone would send me a Rev. 4 or
> older Shark I'd also make chipsfb ( and probably XFree's chips
> driver ) work - shouldn't be hard, just add the same kind of
> attachment code as I did for igsfb and fixup chipsfb to work on non-
> PCI buses.

I have some piece of code to split sys/dev/pci/chipsfb.c
into MI dev/ic/chipsfb.c and dev/pci/chipsfb_pci.c, but
current pci/chipsfb.c has PCI specific ioctls.
How should they be handled in the MI driver?

The rest problem is to investigate how we can get
chipsfb memory address for registers and framebuffers.
The OF doesn't seem to provide properties for them,
and I'm not familiar with which sources I should check in xsrc..
---
Izumi Tsutsui