Subject: linux emulation
To: None <port-arm@NetBSD.org, port-cats@NetBSD.org>
From: arm <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 10/26/2007 05:02:05
Do the arm ports of NetBSD 3.1 support Linux emulation? I'm interested in
arm in general and cats in particular.
Here's what I've gathered:
1. The man page for COMPAT_LINUX(8) says arm supports this.
2. http://www.netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/chap-linux.html says GENERIC kernel
enables this by default.
3. I tried a statically linked (so I won't have to worry about shared
libraries yet) Hello World program compiled on Debian Etch, with this
Exec format error. Wrong Architecture.
4. objdump and readelf both successfully dissect the file. objdump can
even disassemble the file, and correctly identifies it as elf32-littlearm.
5. I am running this emulated under gxemul, installed with the images
I start the machine with:
gxemul -XEcats -d nbsd_cats.img netbsd.aout-GENERIC.gz
Thank you in advance for any help/pointers you can provide me!
- sam -