Subject: A simple question about netbsd/evbarm
To: None <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: PowerMan <powerman1st@gmail.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 09/16/2007 20:16:20
------=_Part_3339_15294938.1189944980892

dear sir or madam,

      My first lauguage is not English, please forgive me if I
made some bad words or sentences.

      I am an embedded system engineer working on arm-linux
based system. I intend to learn to OS kernel, but I find the 2.6 linux
kernel is too large and complex. So I have to change to others.

      Is the netbsd/evbarm kernel much less complex and better
modularization? How many
lines does the kernel have? Or how many mega bytes does it have?

      I am only familiar with the arm architecture.

      I have learned from your web page that the netbsd/evbarm support
samsung s3c24xx serial, cirrus logic ep93xx serial, intel xscale/strongarm
serial.

      Would it support other arm based chips? such as atmel at91rm92xx
serial,
freescale i.MX serial, nxp lpc3000 serial?

      Thanks.