Subject: Re: VFP support?
To: Matt Thomas <>
From: Chris Gilbert <>
List: port-arm
Date: 09/13/2007 00:19:58
Matt Thomas wrote:
> I have a few ARMs with real VFP.  What is the state of VFP support in
> NetBSD?
> Does it work?  Should it work?

I don't think it's supported at the moment, I don't remember anyone
adding code to save the VFP regs on a context switch which is probably
the main bit of kernel work needed.

gcc appears to have vfp support as a vfp file does exist:
possibly enabled by using:

Also I note that sys/arch/arm/include/float.h has some #ifndef __VFP_FP__

Is it a full vfp implementation, or is it like the original floating
point where the some instructions are in hardware, and some are emulated?

So I guess it's been thought about, but as your possibly the first
person with a VFP capable chip you get the fun of making it work :)