Subject: Re: Is pccons of any use in shark?
To: Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 07/30/2007 17:10:00
On 29/07/2007, at 21:57, Michael Lorenz wrote:

>> So:
>>
>> 1. Can I switch the INSTALL kernel to use wscons?
>
> Can't think of a reason why not.

Grr, it's not going to be that easy.  I've done all the necessary
changes locally, but now sysinst displays drawing characters (those
around menus) incorrectly.  It seems that the font built into the vga
rom is incorrect; all the characters above the 128th do not contain
what they "should".

If I manually load the vt220l.816 font, everything is rendered nicely.

What is the best solution to this?  Do we currently have any way to
easily stick a copy of a sane font into the kernel so that the driver
can use it as a replacement unconditionally?  Should we do it?

Thanks,

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>