Subject: Re: Does NetBSD run on Psion series 7?
To: Pierre Pronchery <khorben@defora.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Timo_Myyr=E4?= <zmyrgel@gmail.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 07/26/2007 15:39:35
------=_Part_169583_7849093.1185460775872

Ok, I just hoped that at least NetBSD would have been running on it. Still
depressing that I got outbid for it at the last minute. The Zaurus SL-3200
seems pretty tempting choice. It would run on my favorite OS, OpenBSD and
NetBSD too as far as I know.  Not too expensive if you order it from Japan
but I think the installation and usage will be quite difficult with the
japanese OS :)

Timo

2007/7/26, Pierre Pronchery <khorben@defora.org>:

>         Hi,
>
> Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 17:12:43 +0100, Timo Myyr? wrote:
> >
> >> I might be the new owner of Psion series 7 laptop which has strong ARM
> >> processor and I would be most pleased to install some other OS on it.
> Gotta
> >> earn geek points and all that so my question is, has NetBSD been ported
> >> it?
> >
> > H/PC machines supported by hpc{arm,mips,sh} ports might be a better
> > option if you are looking for a small pocket netbsd terminal.
>
> NetBSD also runs on the Zaurus now.
>
> HTH,
> --
> khorben

------=_Part_169583_7849093.1185460775872

Ok, I just hoped that at least NetBSD would have been running on it. Still depressing that I got outbid for it at the last minute. The Zaurus SL-3200 seems pretty tempting choice. It would run on my favorite OS, OpenBSD and NetBSD too as far as I know.&nbsp; Not too expensive if you order it from Japan but I think the installation and usage will be quite difficult with the japanese OS :)

------=_Part_169583_7849093.1185460775872--