Subject: Re: 4.99.17 still panics on TS7250 (was: Re: 4.99.16 panics on
To: Andrew Doran <ad@netbsd.org>
From: Anders Lindgren <ali@df.lth.se>
List: port-arm
Date: 04/17/2007 15:29:52
On Tue, 17 Apr 2007, Andrew Doran wrote:

> Hi,
>
> With Nick's help I've figured this one out. There are two problems:
>
> The first is an issue with the UP scheduler locking scheme. That's fixed by
> ditching it completely and always using the MP scheme. I have checked that
> in on the yamt-idlelwp branch. I think that should be enough to make arm
> work when not under load.

   Dare I ask what happens under load? :-)

> The second is an issue with priority inheritance. When releasing a lock that
> has waiters, turnstile_wakeup restores inherited priority but it gets the
> locking wrong. There's a fix for that on the vmlocking branch - I'll merge
> it to yamt-idlelwp (or even HEAD??) tomorrow since I expect that the branch
> will be merged soon.

   My hero! :-)

   I'm trying to [learn how to] write a driver for the TS-7KV
framebuffer/multi-function card (the idea being to eventually have it
support a wsconsdisplay, once I've gotten hang of the actual driver
writing part :-) ), so I'd be very happy if these fixes make it into
-current soon.

/ali:)