Subject: Re: What's difference between ARM_VECTORS_LOW and ARM_VECTORS_HIGH?
To: Toru Nishimura <locore64@alkyltechnology.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
List: port-arm
Date: 04/13/2007 22:34:26
On Apr 13, 2007, at 4:19 PM, Toru Nishimura wrote:

> The architect of AVR32 made extensive research about ARM and other
> RISC.  It's definitely good learning experience to read the PDF
> identifying
> which part is derived from which RISC design.  I wonder how ARM can
> be multi-core embedded w/o patching shortcomings.

Looks to me like they did a pretty good job with ARMv6 :-)

Just to set the record straight -- I actually really like the ARM.  If
your condition code fu is strong, you can write some wicked fast (end
elegant) code in ARM assembly.  Its instruction set is small, yet
powerful.

And a lot of things that annoy us Unix guys about the ARM are pretty
easy to forgive if you understand its history (like "why do we have a
VIVT cache?").

-- thorpej