Subject: Re: What's difference between ARM_VECTORS_LOW and ARM_VECTORS_HIGH?
To: Steve Woodford <>
From: Allen Briggs <>
List: port-arm
Date: 04/13/2007 10:37:22
On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 08:53:28AM +0100, Steve Woodford wrote:
> Most newer ARM CPUs give the option of relocating the vector table into
> what is traditionally the kernel's VM region, thus simplifying things
> for the OS.

Additionally, ARM-based CPUs that support FCSE (Fast Context Switch
Extension, IIRC) require support for vectors in one location (I it
requires low, but I'm not sure off-hand since I've only skimmed
discussion of it, and that was a while ago).  FCSE is not so
interesting for general-purpose NetBSD as it rather severely limits
a process's virtual address space (see archives for some discussion
of this), but presumably is interesting for a number of embedded

Allen Briggs  |  |