Subject: Re: panic trying to add missing SDRAM to tsarm kernel.
To: None <ali@df.lth.se>
From: M. Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 04/09/2007 08:47:54
In message: <Pine.GSO.4.60.0704091602120.4637@igloo.df.lth.se>
            Anders Lindgren <ali@df.lth.se> writes:
: This is insane; I now reliably get the same Mutex error booting an
: *unmodified* kernel. The unmodified kernel worked before I started playing
: with the startup code, but now I consistently get a "locking against
: myself" panic, despite having reverted all my changes and rebuilt the
: kernel from scratch.

I'm unsure what you are doing at the lowest level, but I've seen weird
behavior like this before.  Have you tried resetting the board by
turning it off for at least a minute?  I've had bad kernels cause
corruption in memory that somehow keeps things bad until a power
cycle.

I've more typically seen this in boot blocks where the SRAM in the
part I was working on persisted after reset.

It is a long shot...

Warner