Subject: shark's new tricks
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Michael Lorenz <email@example.com>
Date: 03/24/2007 03:32:52
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
here's something to play with:
this tarball contains a kernel and a wsfb driver for XFree86 ( both
- -current )
this will give you:
- - a console which runs in 1024x768 at 75Hz in 16bit colour
- - very fast vertical scrolling
- - X in 16bit colour ( don't forget DefaultDepth 16 in XF86Config )
- - X with some acceleration ( namely blits, fills, offscreen pixmaps and
a hardware cursor )
- - the text cursor looks funny ( because the text cursor is a sprite
which sits in video memory which gets overwritten after a while )
- - when switching consoles the display position will likely be off by a
All this requires a rev. 5 shark, one that has an IGS 2010 graphics
If you have a rev. 5 shark please play with this and tell me if it
Things to watch for:
- - missing characters when scrolling. I think I fixed the problem but I
can't be quite sure yet.
- - occasional blank lines that should contain text. See above.
- - artifacts in X, for instance when moving windows around.
- - does the mouse cursor in X look right?
- - are there funny video artifacts on the console? Like some sort of
vertical divide with stuff left of it being repeated right of it with
plenty if jitter in between? Video output should be stable, apart from
the known hardware issues ( like 'swimming' when IO's going on )
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (Darwin)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----