Subject: Re: Debugging / SPL-levels / AT91RM9200 success
To: Julian Coleman <jdc@coris.org.uk>
From: Sami Kantoluoto <sami.kantoluoto@embedtronics.fi>
List: port-arm
Date: 03/06/2007 10:49:33
On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 10:04:01AM +0000, Julian Coleman wrote:
> > Anyway, under heavy CF I/O NetBSD may just hang or if I try to terminate
> > e.g. 'dd if=/dev/w0c bs=64k', the shell just hangs or so. So I'm wondering
> > if there's a good way to verify the SPL levels are working correctly etc.
> > Or any other ideas to check?
>
> Does running `systat vmstat` when there is a problem show anything useful
> for the interrupt entries?

It shows that there aren't any interrupts served on the CF interface. Other
(timer, ethernet, soft interrupts) are in normal values.

It seems that if I read raw device (/dev/rwd0c) then pressing ctrl+c does not
hang dd. Any ideas what this could mean? When dd hangs (reading normal
device), it's waiting "biowait".

PS. Interestingly, reading raw device gives me 3.3 MB but reading normal
device gives 2.3 MB (and CPU is 7.7 % idle)..

     -sk