Subject: All is Well (Re: OMAP _almost_ builds at tip of tree now.)
To: None <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: Bucky Katz <bucky@picovex.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 02/21/2007 09:33:20
Bucky Katz <bucky@picovex.com> writes:

> Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com> writes:
>
>> Allen Briggs wrote:
>>> Heh.  OK.  I'm updating my local server (i386).  After that's done,
>>> I'm going to be playing some with a gumstix.  I'm planning on doing
>>> that with root on NFS, so I may be running into it soon, too.
>>
>> I was able to NFS boot/root a shark (SA110) to multiuser.  A different
>> shark running bleeding edge current is now attempting to do a full shark
>> release build with x11.
>
> On a TS7200, root on NFS, I can execute binaries from /bin but not
> from /usr/bin.  I _suspect_ a shared library problem.
>
> I'm going to rebuild from scratch again tonight.

The TS7200 problem, which I should have never mentioned here before
I had a chance to verify, did, indeed, turn out to be a shared library
problem. Either in compiling or in copying, some of the libraries in
/usr/lib were corrupted.  Recompilation fixed the problem and the
TS7200 comes up in multiuser.

I was also able to get the OSK5912 into multiuser and attempt a build
world on it. The build is failing, but it is not a locking issue.

As far as I can see, ARM works now.

Thanks to all.