Subject: Re: Shark power supplies
To: Richard Earnshaw <Richard.Earnshaw@buzzard.freeserve.co.uk>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm
Date: 01/15/2007 10:15:50
On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 08:32:16PM +0000, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
> Sob, my shark's power supply has mislaid its blue smoke and is refusing to
> function without it.
>
> The one I have is a 5V 6A job which seems quite high (current wise).  Does
> anyone:
>
> A) Know of a suitable source of replacements?
> B) Operate their shark on a lower rated unit?

I don't, yet, although I should test it one day.

On our mailing list somebody reported "back then" that the naked
machine needs about 3 W of power; add your disk (if you have one),
and I don't know what sort of RAM was in at that time. From this
I guess that you can get away with a 2A power supply - if it doesn't
use components beyond their specifications.

	-is