Subject: Re: NetBSD and the Freescale i.MX31
To: None <charles@embsyspro.com>
From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@arm.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 10/13/2006 15:48:53
On Fri, 2006-10-13 at 15:36, Charles L. Nelson wrote:
> Hi,
> I am developing a device based on the Freescale i.MX31 which has an
> ARM1136JF-S core.  I believe that the compiler and tools created by the
> current 3.01 NetBSD release of build.sh does not support this architecture.
> Am I correct?  If I am correct does anyone have any suggestions on
> configuring and building NetBSD to support the advanced features of the
> ARM1136JF-S core?

The ARM11-based cores (architecture v6) have a fairly radically
different MMU and Cache architecture to their predecessors.   I have
managed to boot NetBSD on one to the extent that I could get to a shell
prompt, but the code hasn't been in any way optimized to take advantage
of the more efficient architecture and the system hasn't really been
thrashed enough to be sure that it is stable.

R.