Subject: Low Power Arm Board
To: None <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Rose <lists@brianrose.net>
List: port-arm
Date: 09/15/2006 21:01:11
I am looking for a low power ARM based board that can run NetBSD out of
the box. Ideally It would be a 2 part solution like this...

1. Board has the CPU, RAM and SD slot. The CPU boots the kernel off of
the SD card.

2. Interface board with the connectors and widgets.

The idea is to get a general purpose low power platform for development,
and then when I need to integrate that into a product, I design a custom
board and plug in #1. I'd like to keep the cost of #1 to under $200 (in
100pc quantities) if possible.

Also, if a chip has an ARM9 core, how much work is it to port NetBSD to
it? If I end up designing my own boards, I am looking at some new
processors that are just coming out.

Thanks,