Subject: Re: How to build gzboot?
To: Tom Hansen <tomh@tomhansen.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm
Date: 09/04/2006 16:20:08
On Sun, Sep 03, 2006 at 05:04:48AM -0500, Tom Hansen wrote:
> How does one go about coaxing build.sh to build the gzboot versions of
> the kernel in
>
>   /usr/src/sys/arch/evbarm/stand/gzboot
>
> I've successfully build the kernels for TS7200, but build.sh ignored the
> above directory.
>
> Does one have to build the entire distribution?
>
> Or do you have to set the many environment variables required and run
> Makefile.gzboot manually?  (If so, details would be appreciated!)

I usually have a copy of gzboot built from a distribution build (or a
manual nbmake-evbarm-el or whatever) and just do something like:

$ pwd
.../evbarm/compile/MYKERN
$ nbmake-evbarm-el && cat /path/to/gzboot netbsd.bin.gz > /tftpboot/image

...and that does what I need.

-allen

--
Allen Briggs  |  http://www.ninthwonder.com/~briggs/  |  briggs@ninthwonder.com