Subject: Re: a question about arm-gcc
To: Danny Lau <liudengcs@gmail.com>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: port-arm
Date: 06/08/2006 22:29:05
On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 06:13:06PM +0800, Danny Lau wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> I am rewiting gzboot to let messages be dumped to the LCD panel rather
> than the COM port,and the arm--netbsdelf-gcc is generated by command "
> build.sh -m evbarm tools". For some reasons, I feel that the compiler cann't
> output correct binary code.

One this to look at is whether you have the 'misaligned access' trap
enabled.  At least some versions of gcc for arm will do 32bit reads
from misaligned addresses [1] in order to read 16bit quantities.

	David

[1] which rotate the word so that the addressed byte ends up in the LSB
of the registers (if LE).

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk