Subject: Re: arm nfs boot uvm_fail error
To: None <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <locore64@alkyltechnology.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 06/03/2006 12:25:36
Richard Earnshaw wrote;

> NetBSD doesn't really support ARMv6 yet

My guess is that the error cause is rather simple; the initial address space layout
is mashed.  My experience shows that porting NetBSD/arm is as easy as to
complete initarm(); no change necessary for other parts.  Most errors come from
the lack of understanding about they way how the target ARM SoC address layout is
adapted for NetBSD, in particular, where RAM paddr resides and where DEV registers
are vaddr'ed.

FengXiagen said;

> We have wonder whether there is something wrong with uvmspace_exec function,
> Because the pack.ep_vm_minaddr and pack.ep_vm_maxaddr is set by check_exec
> function to 4K to 3G defaultly.

It's pretty normal.  Kernel is trying there to craft virtual address space for the very
first user process.

Toru Nishimura/ALKYL Technology