Subject: Re: gzboot booting problem
To: None <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <locore64@alkyltechnology.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 05/27/2006 21:20:20
Danny Lau wrote;

> I'm sure the R15 is 0x30200000 (via Jtag) just before jumping, and the plain
> kernel can be successfully executed when downloaded directly into that
> address by some utilities. So I guess that gzboot decompress kernel in a
> wrong way, or the code I wrote has some problems.

Has 0x3002'0000 the correct instruction to execute at the place?

Offset 0x20'0000 is a rather waste of precious memory.  It's the artifact of
memory hogger RedBoot.  You take the straight way out of NAND boot facility,
so it's ok to trim the offset (overhead) down to 0x8000 or even smaller.

Toru Nishimura/ALKYL Technology