Subject: Re: gzboot booting problem
To: Gavan Fantom <gavan@coolfactor.org>
From: Danny Lau <liudengcs@gmail.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 05/22/2006 21:22:03
------=_Part_154154_18624727.1148304123637

On 5/22/06, Gavan Fantom <gavan@coolfactor.org> wrote:

> Danny Lau wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to run netbsd on the sumsung s3c2410.
> > I have been noticed from the gzboot source code(gzboot.c:main()),
> > that gzboot will booting kernel image which just concatenated on to the
> end
> > of it when md_root_size =3D 0.
> > So I have concatenated the gzboot image, named gzboot.bin, and the
> kernel
> > image, named netbsd.bin, by the command as follow:
> >
> > $ cat gzboot.bin netbsd.bin > netbsd
> >
> > But I just can only get messages from gzboot. I track the instructions
> > step-by-step via Jtag, and get expected value before jumping to the
> kernel,
> > that is the address where to jump is pointed to the kernel entry.
> > Strangely,
> > when jumping, it doesn't jump to the address - ENTRY_NP(kernel_text).
> > Can anybody help me!
>
> Where does it jump to?
>
> --
> Gillette - the best a man can forget

I don't know, it jump to a invalid adress. I am now checking the board to
see whether this phenomena is caused by the hardware fault.

------=_Part_154154_18624727.1148304123637

Gavan Fantom</b> &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:gavan@coolfactor.org">gavan@coolfact=
or.org</a>&gt; wrote:</span>
px 0px 0.8ex; BORDER-LEFT: #ccc 1px solid">Danny Lau wrote:<br>&gt; Hi,<br>=
&gt;<br>&gt; I'm trying to run netbsd on the sumsung s3c2410.<br>&gt; I hav=
e been noticed from the gzboot source code(
gzboot.c:main()),<br>&gt; that gzboot will booting kernel image which just =
concatenated on to the end<br>&gt; of it when md_root_size =3D 0.<br>&gt; S=
o I have concatenated the gzboot image, named gzboot.bin, and the kernel<br=

&gt; image, named netbsd.bin, by the command as follow:<br>&gt;<br>&gt; $ c=
at gzboot.bin netbsd.bin &gt; netbsd<br>&gt;<br>&gt; But I just can only ge=
t messages from gzboot. I track the instructions<br>&gt; step-by-step via J=
tag, and get expected value before jumping to the kernel,
br>&gt; Strangely,<br>&gt; when jumping, it doesn't jump to the address - E=
p to?
 to see whether this phenomena is caused by the hardware fault.</div>

------=_Part_154154_18624727.1148304123637--