Subject: Re: Few questions about the TS-7200
To: None <port-arm@NetBSD.org>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: port-arm
Date: 12/15/2005 01:14:31
>The command you're looking for is "fconfig".  There are no significant
>differences in RedBoot on the TS-7200 other than the fact its a version of
>RedBoot built from sources from around this time last year.

Ah, okay ... I'll check that out.  I saw fconfig, I just didn't realize
that the gateway address was one of the things it could set (I guess
I was fixated on ip_address, since it _displays_ the gateway address).

>Correct.  I typically use either TFTP or HTTP as RedBoot is capable of both.
>RedBoot will also accept kernels via zmodem serial, but I personally have
>not tried that.

I just realized something ... is the kernel _running_ from the flash
memory? (it looks like to me that it is)  If it is, then I won't be
able to overwrite a running kernel (well, I'd be able to overwrite part
of it, but probably I wouldn't be able to get the whole thing :-) ).
So I guess maybe my only options are to either get a real first-stage
boot sequence running, or suck it up and just shuffle kernels around.

Thanks for your help!

--Ken