Subject: Re: epe0: xxxx rx misses on a TS7200
To: Christos Eleftheriadis <christos.eleftheriadis@gmail.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-arm
Date: 11/21/2005 12:44:27
On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 12:08:53PM +0100, Christos Eleftheriadis wrote:
> I found some times my TS7200 has gone in the debugger.

Without a message?
There are two common cases this happens: (1) in a panic() call, but that
prints some error message before entering the debugger and (2) when
receiving a BREAK signal on the serial console. If you power off the
machine the console is connected to this often causes a break.

> If I type continue in db I get the above message (where xxxx is a
> number different every time) and everything works fine after the next
> stale..

The message is nothing to worry about - interrupts are blocked while
in the debugger, so they are not handled in time and the receiver overruns.

> I am rather new to NetBSD on SBCs' and I do not know how to debug such
> problems using the debugger.... So any help on this would be greatly
> appreciated.

The "backtrace" command (bt) gives you a call stack, so you can see where
you are coming from. This is usualy the first thing you need to know when
debugging something.

Martin