Subject: Re: Netwinder status?
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@dokein.co.uk>
List: port-arm
Date: 05/06/2005 08:53:10
On Thu, 5 May 2005 12:53:49 +0200
Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org> wrote:

> On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 12:33:18PM +0200, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> >
> > what is the status of the netwinder port?
>
> Followup to myself:
>
> The one I have boots from net, waits a long time showing a colored
> screen showing a couple faint copies of the boot penguin on a bright green
> background with a ping horizontal line, and after a long long time the
> kernel continues until asking for the boot device.
>
> When specifying a root device with only /dev/MAKEDEV and /rescue/init,
>
> and specifying /rescue/init, it waits again, not activity, only
> showing a "statclockhandler: statclock overrun" every couple of seconds.

If you're getting regular statclock overruns then interrupts aren't being handled promptly (or possibly something is spending large amounts of time handling interrupts)

On my cats I do see them at boot every so often (statclock starts before interrupts are enabled) Only when I do lots of network/harddisk traffic do I actually see them otherwise.

Chris