Subject: Re: NetBSD support PXA255?
To: Keichii Moto <>
From: Jachym Holecek <>
List: port-arm
Date: 03/21/2005 05:32:20

> It seems that u-boot cannot recognize NetBSD.
> Does anyone has experience about using u-boot to boot
> NetBSD on pxa255 board? If so, please tell me how to
> do, thanks in advance.

It's been a while since I played with u-boot (and it wasn't on PXA), but

  - You can try to load NetBSD as an ELF image (u-boot can do this,
    but I didn't try AFAICR).

  - Or have a look how mkimage could be used. From toplevel README:

    The "uImage" build target uses a special tool (in 'tools/mkimage') to
    encapsulate a compressed Linux kernel image with header  information,
    CRC32 checksum etc. for use with U-Boot. This is what we are doing:

It would also be useful to know how exactly does the boot (or upload?)

		-- Jachym Holecek