Subject: Avocent SwitchView IP
To: None <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@dtcc.edu>
List: port-arm
Date: 02/16/2005 18:09:23
Curiosity got the best of me. I'm only looking at the top of the board,
there may be more underneath.

- It's powered by an Intel Xscale PXA255 @ 400 MHz
- NIC is a National Semiconductor DP83815
- Digitizer is an Analog Devices AD9888
- Xilinx XC2S200 Spartan-II 2.5V field programmable gate array. I'm
guessing this chip does image compression and/or encryption so that the
CPU doesn't have to.
- (1) large Intel flash chip, probably 8 MB, label obscured
- (2) MT48LC8M16A2-75 SDRAM
- (1) MT48LC2M32B2-6 SDRAM
- RJ45 console port
- USB port (not supported possibly)
- PS/2 ports
- VGA in/through (unlikely to be output)
- RRU (Remote Reboot Unit) control port, probably serial.
- a 20 pin unsoldered header port. Sounds too big to be a JTAG port,
and is positioned near the front panel.

There is of course a significant downside, the price of admission
appears to be about US $1,000 in some places.