Subject: Re: IQ31244 SATA non-functional
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
From: Richard Earnshaw <Richard.Earnshaw@buzzard.freeserve.co.uk>
List: port-arm
Date: 01/22/2005 09:20:37
On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 19:34:59 PST, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> --Apple-Mail-11--791319667
>

> On Jan 21, 2005, at 2:37 PM, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
>
> > So we never attach the atabus and hence we never attach any disks :-(
> >
> > Is this supposed to work?
>
> It certainly *used* to work, using using the GD31244 SATA controller's
> "legacy mode".  But I haven't used a Red Canyon in quite some time, and
> I'm unlikely to run across another any time soon.

Yep, I think I've identified the problem.  The chips are in DPA mode.  The
manual talks about moving jumpers J11-14 to their alternate position, but
I can't find those anywhere.

And looking at the schematics it appears that on the Rev E boards, at
least, the DPA config pin is hard-wired :-( :-( :-(

R.