Subject: Re: 80Mbps routing with Micrel KS8695
To: None <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: Jachym Holecek <freza@liberouter.org>
List: port-arm
Date: 01/15/2005 19:28:46
[My mailserver went crazy it seems, sorry if you receive this more then once.]

> I also had to do this, but I couldn't ever get the stack to send me an
> mbuf chain that consisted of more than one bus_dma_segment (packet either
> in 1 mbuf or 1 cluster).  Any idea of how to provoke a multi-mbuf packet?
> I'd really like to test that code path in my driver.

I've used

        remote$ ping -s ${foolish-size} ${box-under-test}

where foolish-size was 1234. Also, ping's "-P 0xaabbccdd" option is really
useful for discovering data corruption in this kind of situation ;-).

	Regards,
		-- Jachym Holecek