Subject: Re: more tested peripherals on the TS-7200
To: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
From: Jesse Off <joff@embeddedARM.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 01/09/2005 17:05:01
No.  The HD44780 is a text-mode graphics controller that has been around
for decades and only does 1,2 or 4 lines by 12, 24, or 40 characters (with
characters = 5px * 8px).  The character generator RAM is accessible, so
you could make it do pseudo graphics, but nothing that would run X :-)

These LCD's are all over the place and usually very cheap.
(allelectronics.com has one for $4)  A lot of our customers use one and a
matrix keypad on the DIO header for a whole category of various embedded
devices.  I use one of these types of devices every day to punch my code
for access into the gated community where I live.

//Jesse Off