Subject: Re: mods for proposed port 'tsarm' (now committed)
To: None <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: Jesse Off <joff@embeddedARM.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 12/26/2004 11:27:55
Okay.  I've just committed this as a sub-port to evbarm called "tsarm".
On-board and on-chip peripherals are mostly supported.  There is work
still to be done:

  *) watchdog on CPLD (watchdog on EP9302 is broken rev <=E0)
  *) TS-5620 RTC daughter-card
  *) envsys driver for temperature sensor
  *) hardware flow control support for UART#1
  *) RS485 tranceiver enable option on UART#2
  *) HDLC on UART
  *) block disk driver for onboard strataflash (?)

Also, this board has a port for a hitachi HD44780 compatible LCD display,
DIO, and analog-to-digital that I'm not sure what to do with in NetBSD.
Linux users have just been using the /dev/mem device from userspace for
using these features.  It may make sense to come up with some API for
these general purpose digital IO and ADC and DAC devices.

//Jesse Off