Subject: Re: mods for proposed port "tsarm"
To: None <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <locore64@alkyltechnology.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 12/07/2004 22:02:59
 Nathan J. Williams nathanw@wasabisystems.com commented;

>> I'd like to commit a set of intial changes for support of the Cirrus Logic
>> EP93xx line of processors and specifically, the TS-7200 ARM single board
>> computer.  Currently, everything except ethernet now works.  The board
>> currently boots to compact flash or USB thumb drive and uses a serial
>> console.
>
> I'm wondering why it's sys/arch/tsarm and not sys/arch/evbarm/tsarm or
> sys/arch/evbarm/ts7200.

I stand with Jesse Off on self-standing port.  I hate to see that disintegrated
construct of whole evbarm and its companion code in arch/arm.  I don't think
it's terribly helpful to share and reuse.  Having its own arch/foo/ directory
allows to make free sub-directory like dev/ or pci/ or what-so-ever fancy
devices the specific SoC has.  Since Jesse Off made CPLD circuit for TS
product it's entitled a particular product for its own.  Once again I don't like
kitchen sink approach of any evb*.  It's a mistake for SoC processors.
Keep the code minimal and self-standing.  No mesh-like inter-relationship,
please.

Toru Nishimura/ALKYL Technology