Subject: Re: Netwinder
To: None <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-arm
Date: 11/16/2004 05:55:01
On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 18:10:41 -0500, Patrice LaFlamme wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 19:38:35 +0300, Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
> wrote:
>
> > 2.0 supports wscons.
>
> 2.0 kernel hangs after _trying_ to display something that I can
> barely make out as an image containing the word "NetBSD".

My netwinder often hangs very early in the boot process even during
serial console boot (but works ok afterwards), so when I was writing
the wscons support it was hard to tell if a hang was due to a bug in a
driver, or just some "random" hang.  If there's really a bug - someone
with a stable machine should debug it.  As a palliative, try to power
cycle the machine. :)

Also, try booting 2.0 with serial console and see if igsfb0 attaches.
Mine attaches as:

igsfb0 at pci0 dev 8 function 0: Integraphics Systems CyberPro 2000 (rev. 0x01)
igsfb0: 4MB, hardware bswap, 1024x768, 8bpp

> >What does tcpdump show?  Did the kernel lock up (e.g. can you break
> >into DDB)?  If there are problems with NFS setup it should have timed
> >out on mount.
>
> Not sure how to break in DDB. I remember trying ctrl-c with no success.

With serial console - send a BREAK (~%break with cu(1), ~# with tip(1)).

SY, Uwe