Subject: Re: Netwinder
To: None <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-arm
Date: 11/15/2004 19:38:35
On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 10:53:48 -0500, Patrice LaFlamme wrote:
> Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:53:48 -0500

> Well, yesterday I found an old post in another newsgroup that said
> the kernel only supports the serial console

2.0 supports wscons.

> Now I get as far as :

[...]
> root on ne0
> nfs_boot: trying DHCP/BOOTP
> nfs_boot: DHCP next-server: 10.1.61.4
> nfs_boot: my_domain=patrix.org
> nfs_boot: my_addr=10.1.61.100
> nfs_boot: my_mask=255.255.0.0
> nfs_boot: gateway=10.1.61.1
> root on 10.1.61.4:/exports/client/root
>
> and it's been stuck there for the past 10 hours (while I was sleeping).

What does tcpdump show?  Did the kernel lock up (e.g. can you break
into DDB)?  If there are problems with NFS setup it should have timed
out on mount.

Try a 2.0 release candidate from

    ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-2-0/

> I hope the NetBSD kernel can control the netwinder fan too...

I don't think we do, but this should be trivial.  My netwinder is
caseless (board only), so 1) I run it fanless, 2) as I don't run it in
"production", I had no time and little motivation to work on bells and
whistles.

SY, Uwe