Subject: New Ramdisk code available for evbarm/ixdp425 port...
To: None <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: None <ibaird@skorpiostech.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 10/08/2004 08:54:46
I've got a patch that allows you to create a ramdisk over 4MB in size on the
evbarm ixdp425 port. I was using this port as a staritng point for porting
NetBSD 2.0 RC3 to ADI's new Pronghorn ref board (we've got the board booting
multiuser now from our ramdisk) and pretty soon we hope to have a PDC20269
running on it, too. If anyone is interested in playing with this patch
(which takes the approach of stealing from the kernel's 16MB VM area),
please email me directly. We've also fixed some pci issues which were
exposed during our port to this board. I've also fixed some of the issues in
the ixdp425 port that kept people from starting physical RAM at 0x00000000
instead of 0x10000000, even though in reality, it makes no difference :^)

Ian J. Baird
SkorpiosTech, Inc.