Subject: Re: port for Samsung S3C4510B (ARM7TDMI)
To: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-15?q?J=F6rn_Seger?= <joern.seger@udo.edu>
List: port-arm
Date: 09/09/2004 15:06:22
I had a look mainly on the register settings for the Samsung CPUs S3C2xx0 a=
nd=20
compared it to the S3C4510 and as far as I see, this is quite different :-(.

Before I really try to porting this cpu to netbsd, I would like to have som=
e=20
more information on the interfaces, the kernel needs. So I will get a glimp=
s=20
of how much effort a port will take.

So what I really need to know is:

1) hardware <-> cpu-specific code <-> netbsd-kernelcode=20
How is the "cpu-specific code" defined? Is there any Documentation availabl=
e=20
about that?
I believe this code will handle things like startup, interrupt, consol for=
=20
kernel output (?) ... (as the s3c2xx0 guys defining something like that)

2) MMU, TLB, Cache, etc -functions are only depending on the arm type=20
(ARM7TDMI in my case)?

3) Where can I find some good arm assembler documentation? As my knowledge =
is=20
very poor and it's based on a i386 architecture :-(

Thanks and Regards - J=F6rn

Am Montag, 6. September 2004 16:26 schrieben Sie: