Subject: Re: acorn32 cross
To: None <joern.seger@udo.edu>
From: Havard Eidnes <he@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm
Date: 09/06/2004 12:20:51
> First I get the cvs sources and found out, that build changes
> the -t option to "tools". Is that right!?

Yes.

> So I compiled the crossbuilding tools. Then I started to
> compile a new kernel (just GENERIC).  nbconfig - works; nbmake
> depend - works; nbmake fails (see below).  Same happens, if I
> use the release-1-6 sources.

"nbmake" doesn't set up MACHINE and MACHINE_ARCH correctly for cross
compiling.  To do that you'd have to use the nbmake-acorn32 wrapper
script instead.  For -current it's easier to use the top-level
build.sh script to build a kernel using

./build.sh -m acorn32 kernel=3DGENERIC

This can't be done using the netbsd-1-6 sources, though.

Regards,

- H=E5vard