Subject: Updating Shark to current/2.0
To: None <>
From: Hal Murray <>
List: port-arm
Date: 06/06/2004 11:55:10
[Context is hang when running find or du over a big chunk of disk.  Advice
was new kernel.]

Is there a ready-to-go pile of Shark bits for current?  If so, where?  I
didn't find a shark slot in sup.   ...

This looks like the best recipe to update from 1.6 to current.
Is that likely to work without much tinkering if I'm willing to let the
machine do a lot of work?

I think I built a kernel correctly.  It boots, and ran a lot of disk activity
without hanging.

But the network didn't work.   Will that all get better if I keep going and
build/install a new userland.  Or will I be getting in deeper?   (Backing out
of a new kernel is simple.  I've never tried backing out of a new userland.)

What's the schedule for 2.0?    Should I just wait a while and help with the
official pre-release testing?

The mail server is located in California.  So are all my
commercial e-mail to my address or any of my other addresses.