Subject: static linking OK, dynamic linking KO
To: None <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: Christophe Gouault <christophe.gouault@6wind.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 05/10/2004 14:34:21
Hi port-arm users,

I'm currently having problems with some applications when I link them
dynamically for an evbarm platform.
When statically linked, applications run OK
When dynamically linked, they systematically crash will "illegal
instruction" or "segmentation fault". Crash always happens while
executing code from dynamic libraries.
(These applications nevertheless work OK on i386 platforms)

Does someone have an idea of where it could come from ?
- bug in toolchain
- bug in ld.elf_so or in libc
- bug in arch specific code?
- bug in application (what could do it only happens when dynamically
linked?)
- other...

The NetBSD I use is NetBSD1.6-ZK version (Feb 19th 2004) (I mainly added
applications, and did not make changes to libraries). Is this a known
problem and could evolutions since this date have corrected it?

Christophe.