Subject: Re: no /dev/console or panic: Prefetch abort in non-USR mode (was )
To: None <scw@wasabisystems.com>
From: Chris Budd <budd_iq80321@hotmail.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 01/26/2004 07:40:24
>From: Steve Woodford <scw@wasabisystems.com>
>Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 14:17:35 +0000
>
>Hmm. Would I be right in thinking you extracted the tarfiles on a
>Windows box?

Ding-ding-ding-ding!  You win a prize!

I am using a Windows box for my NFS server; naively, I thought all NFS
servers were the same.  Thank you Micro$oft.

>In short, NetBSD cannot boot from an NFS filesystem exported by a
>Windows server.

I do not have NetBSD on my x86 fully set up yet; I'll put the files on a
Linux box in the server room to quickly test this solution.

Thank you very much for providing a BIG clue, if not solving this mystery
entirely.

Chris.

Check out the new MSN 9 Dial-up — fast & reliable Internet access with prime