Subject: Re: ARM PCI init.
To: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 01/22/2004 17:13:57
On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 10:01:11PM +0000, Stephen Borrill wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, Allen Briggs wrote:
> > Depending on what you're running on the platform, it probably makes
> > sense to retune some of the VM parameters, though.
> Would you mind giving some examples for future reference? Say, running X,
> no window manager and one or two X-clients on a 16MB machine.

I'm afraid that I don't have any for that kind of load.  I think you
really need to look at what the system's using at given times under
load.  You can use vmstat -s to get a look at what's happening in the
running system or you can use ddb with the "show uvmexp" command if
a system deadlocks for some reason.

-allen

 Wasabi Systems, Inc.             http://www.wasabisystems.com/